Complaints about CHBA CO members are dealt with according to the Canadian Home Builders’ Association Code For Disciplinary Action. A Complaints Committee addresses issues around possible improper conduct of members. Complaints about members or industry-related companies, products or services must be made in writing, explain how a member or industry-related company violated the CHBA CO code of ethics, be accompanied with a verified statutory declaration or similar sworn statement and addressed to:
Canadian Home Builders’ Association Central Okanagan
216 – 1884 Spall Road
Code of Ethics
- Members and Directors shall comply with the Building Code of British Columbia as a minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interest of structural sufficiency, safety and health.
- Members and Directors shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning.
- Members and Directors shall deal justly with their employees, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- Members and Directors shall co-operate to extend the effectiveness of the Association by exchanging information and experience, and encourage research on materials and techniques in order to provide better homes at lower cost.
- Members and Directors shall uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate compensation for the services which they render.
- Members and Directors shall avoid all conduct or practice likely to discredit or do injury to the home building industry.
- These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as they form part of an obligation as members and directors of the Association.