ABOUT THIS EVENT
Monday August 24 @
10AM – SOLD OUT
1:00 PM – SOLD OUT
With Step Code leaving energy efficiency up to interpretation, builders are left wondering what combination of best practices will give them the confidence needed to build a compliant, energy efficient home. Do you maximize your windows? Double the insulation? At the end of the day, you just want to know what is the best path to ensuring an energy efficient build.
Join us on the job site or via livestream as we take a live look at AeroBarrier – a product guaranteed to make almost any home a Step 3 home with only a few hours of work. We’ll show you how AeroBarrier works and use a live demonstration to highlight its effectiveness.
Lastly, the best time to apply AeroBarrier is between drywall and taping. As this is a critical time for a mid-stage blower door test, we will also join Brendon Gray from Egnite Sustainability to talk about the importance of a mid-stage blower door test and how it works.
In this session, we will discuss:
- What is air tightness (ACH50), and why does it matter
- Common sources and locations of air tightness issues
- How AeroBarrier works, and how it can turn a non-compliant home past Step 5 air leakage targets in just a few hours.
- The importance of mid construction blower door test – why it’s important to check this pre-drywall
- How a mid construction blower door test works – understanding the process and benefits
- Q & A
- Sanitizer and masks will be available onsite. Where physical distancing is not possible, we request that all attendees wear masks, particularly when up close viewings are involved.
CPD POINTS & BC HOUSING COMPETENCY
This course is pending approval for 1 CPD credit(s);